- I have been drinking less than pre-30, but more thank I would like to post-30.
- I have been having 2-3 cheat meals per week
- I don’t feel 100% guilty because I am overall making clean / healthy choices and MUCH better decisions than pre-30!
- I’ve been eating a LOT of cheese -_-
I won’t lie to you, I will continue to eat Nachos, Pizza & Tacos… But I want it to be a couple times a MONTH thing, not weekly!
On the heels of just having eaten an ENTIRE small pepperoni pizza and feeling pretty bloated / stuffed, I am going to list off all the things I have succeeded at post-30 and all the things I will continue to work on… Change isn’t something that happens over night and it most certainly isn’t easy, but I am committed to a lifestyle change and I will accomplish that!
As I am sitting here writing this, I have officially identified that it is the dairy that makes me so tired & will be cut down to once a week (if at all)… I HATE feeling this lethargic.
I knew going into this process that slip ups would happen and that I would continue to enjoy life and have a cheat meal here and there… It seems I’ve let myself get carried away and have identified it before I slip all the way back into my old habits…
To catch myself before I completely fall, I am going to do a cleanse (whole plan) for 12 days – to reset and allow myself to clear out the toxins and remind myself how good I felt… (Only doing 12 days because my birthday is on day 14 and YOLO)
What I’ve Learned:
- I had to CUT OUT THE WINE – too much sugar! Sugar has such a negative affect on me, that I had 2 spiked seltzers the other day and immediately passed out….
- Soy is NOT my friend
- Coconut is EVERYTHING – especially Coconut Tequila (1800) 🙂
- Milk is NOT my friend and I LOVE almond milk!
- Cheese (Mozzarella, Goat & Feta) are OK in small quantities (one meal / week)
- I truly am starting to ENJOY cooking & paleo baking is actually kinda fun!!
- I need to keep protein in the house at all times, or I start to crave
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are BOMB DOT COM!
- Always read the instructions (blog) when paleo baking…. Important notes are in there :/
- I don’t drink / feel the need to drink nearly as much – Now I have 1-2 drinks 3-4 times a week vs 2 -3 (or 4) drinks EVERY NIGHT…
- I’ve learned that eating actual MEALS is more beneficial to weight loss than eating DIET food…
- I now eat 3-4 small-ish meals per day with 2 protein snacks – I try to never be hungry.
- I start every day with 3 eggs and fruit 🙂
- I actually enjoy eating clean and healthy because my body feels so good!
What I Need to Work ON:
- GETTING TO THE GYM – seriously, I can someone come and kick my ass to get me there?
- Drinking Less (3 days per week is the goal)
- Eating Healthier – Just because its clean, doesn’t mean its necessary 100% healthy!
- I LOVE cooking with almond meal & hate plain chicken, I’ve been making batches of baked chicken and mixing up my meals… But I need to get more adventurous.
- Paleo Baking is GREAT, but everything in MODERATION…
- Just because I CAN eat cheese, doesn’t mean I SHOULD! – Just because it doesn’t affect me negatively in small quantities, doesn’t mean I should start eating it all the time! I don’t want to go back to where I was and consuming too much cheese is like a gateway drug…
- Being in Control of my cravings
- GETTING TO THE GYM!!!! – I’m supposed to run a 5K end of August (I am TOTALLY FUCKED).
- Losing 15 More LBS (or a pant size) by end of Summer!
I’ll get there… I am grateful for this outlet to hold myself 100% accountable and responsible for my actions… Failure is not an option… Do or Do Not there is No Try!
Refocusing — Here. We. Go!