It’s this simple sister… Pregnancy is going to change you in more ways than you could have ever imagined.
You’re going to love someone you’ve never met, more than you could possibly know. You’re going to feel things you didn’t know were possible. You’re going to have aches and pains in places you didn’t know existed & this is all PRIOR to meeting your beautiful baby!
Growing a human is the biggest blessing in the entire world and I thank god daily that my body has been able to grow this beautiful girl for the last 27 weeks and on going! But that doesn’t change the fact that pregnancy is a FEAT.
As a FTM (First Time Mom) and someone who like humor, I’ve complied a list of things to expect / hacks for other FTM’s. This is purely based on my own experience, that in its own right has been a challenge to say the least…
But seriously I peed my pants daily for almost 16 weeks because of my daily exorcist renditions. It’s fine. We’re fine. I’m thriving I swear and currently have dry pants… IYKYK. – I also have no shame in admitting this because, I’m growing a human… Shame isn’t really in my vocabulary anymore.
1. Hydration (water) is literally the solution for most every pain or ache
2. Colace is god – and safe – per my dr and multiple of my friends Drs. – but always consult a DR. I am not one. (I’ve watched 17 years of Grey’s Anatomy, but I’m not actually a doctor, and yes, I know this….)
3. Pedialyte is a savior —- and if that fails Diet Coke is great! – I don’t know why it works, but when it comes to nausea and vomiting, Diet Coke helps SO much….
4. If you start throwing up a ton, you’re probably going to pee your pants… It’s going to happen, accept it now sis. Its ok. – Pro Tip: try to strip down if you can before you puke / keep a towel by the toilet too… it’ll help for clean up & avoid tons of laundry. Also another Pro Tip: keep a change of leggings and undies in your purse… (I learned that from experience…)
5. Eat WHATEVER you can keep down. Nutrition doesn’t come into play till the second trimester and even then, the name of the game is eat what you can keep down to sustain your body. The baby will take whatever it needs and will be healthy as long as you’re keeping hydrated and food coming in.
6. Rest when your body tells you to!! You’re growing a human – it’s really fucking hard.
7. Remember, at the end of the day. You are amazing. You’re beautiful! You’re growing a human, which is the most incredible thing you will ever do in your entire life… However you’re feeling is warranted and SIS… However you’re carrying that human, whatever weight you gain to grow that healthy baby, is OK… the only persons opinion that matters is your DOCTORS…
8. Join a Due Date Group – Facebook has them, they’re usually sponsored my Momzy – search ex: May 2021 Due Date Group – and it will appear. This is going to be helpful to make mom friends / have the support of people who are going thru the same thing, at the same time as you!